- All (170)
- Ramsey Theory (40)
- Extremal Graph Theory (40)
- Coloring, Packing, and Covering (25)
- Random Graphs and Graph Enumeration (16)
- Hypergraphs (35)
- Infinite Graphs (14)
About This Site
Paul Erdös was an extraordinary man who left behind a legacy too large to try to fit into a single webpage. Instead, we share here just a few stories from those close to him as well as some biographical content.
- Remembering Uncle Paul: a memorial to Paul Erdös written by Fan Chung Graham, which appeared in the Preface to her book "Erdös on Graphs."
- N is a Number: A Portrait of Paul Erdös - an hour-long documentary from 1993 on the mathematical life of Paul Erdös, directed by George Paul Csicsery.
- Collected papers of Paul Erdös.
- The Man Who Loved Only Numbers by Paul Hoffman, an award-winning biography of Erdös. You can read the first chapter here.
- An obituary from the front page of the September 24, 1996 edition of the New York Times.
- "The Odd Couple," an article by Craig Merow in the Fall 1996 edition of the PCTM magazine. With an intended audience of young students, it describes the quirky friendship of Paul Erdös and Ronald Graham.
- Fan Chung Graham keeps a large collection of stories about and letters from Paul Erdös on her personal webpage.
If you have any stories about, photos of, or letters concerning Erdös that you'd like to see displayed on this site, please email us at email@example.com.