The required textbook for the course is Single Variable Calculus: Early Transcendentals (3rd Edition), by Rogawski and Adams; published by W.H. Freeman and Company; 2015. (We will cover parts of Chapters 5-11 of the text.)
- We will use Chapters 5-11.
- The Student Solutions Manual is optional. It has solutions for odd-numbered problems in the text.
- The Online Study Center Access is optional.
You can buy a physical copy in the UCSD Bookstore or you can buy ELECTRONIC ONLY access directly from the publisher
. (Link opens in a new window. Select "Student Pricing" for purchasing options. HOWEVER, you cannot make any purchases until the course is active.)
We will also use Sections 1-5 of the Math 20B Student Supplement.
Exam 1: 23 Oct 2017 (Mon) — Topics included are those from Oct 2 - Oct 18
Exam 2: 20 Nov 2017 (Mon) — The focus will be on topics from Oct 20 - Nov 15
Final: 14 Dec 2017 (Thu) — The final exam is cumulative and covers every topic from the course.
- You must bring your ID.
- You may bring one (double-sided) page of handwritten notes. (No photocopies.)
- No calculators or other electronic devices will be allowed during the examinations.
The following are examples of what exams in this class might look like. They are NOT practice exams. They may differ in form and content from the exams given this term.