Jiaxi Nie 聂家熹
I am currently visiting the Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences,
working under the group "Spectral Hypergraph Theory" led by Raffaella Mulas.
Starting fall 2022, I will be a postdoc at the Shanghai Center for Mathematical Sciences under the supervision of Hehui Wu.
I received my PhD from the University of California San Diego, where I am very fortunate to be advised by Jacques Verstraëte.
Here is my CV.
My research interests lie primarily in extremal combinatorics, but I keep my brain open for any interesting math problems. My Erdős number is 3.
- Odd Covers of Graphs. (with Calum Buchanan, Alexander Clifton, Eric Culver, Jason O'Neill, Puck Rombach, and Mei Yin).Submitted. (arxiv)
- On Asymptotic Packing of Geometric Graphs. (with Daniel Cranston, Jacques Verstraëte, and Alexandra Wesolek). Submitted. (arxiv)
- Maximal Independent Sets in Clique-free Graphs. (with Xiaoyu He and Sam Spiro). To appear on European Journal of Combinatorics. (arxiv)
- Ramsey Numbers for Non-trivial Berge Cycles. (with Jacques Verstraëte). SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics. (journal) (arxiv)
- Triangle-free Subgraphs of Hypergraphs. (with Sam Spiro and Jacques Verstraëte). Graphs and Combinatorics. (journal) (arxiv)
- Randomized greedy algorithm for independent sets in regular uniform hypergraphs with large girth. (with Jacques Verstraëte). Random Structures & Algorithms. (journal) (arxiv)
- MATH 20C - Calculus & Analytic Geometry For Science & Engineering, Summer I 2021.
As teaching assistant:
- MATH 154 - Discrete Math & Graph Theory, Winter 2022, Winter 2021, Fall 2020, Spring 2020, Winter 2020.
- MATH 20E - Vector Calculus, Summer II 2020.
- MATH 170A - Introduction to Numerical Analysis: Linear Algebra, Fall 2019, Fall 2018.
- MATH 220C - Complex Analysis, Spring 2019.
- MATH 18 - Linear Algebra, Spring 2019.
- MATH 170B - Introduction to Numerical Analysis: Approximation and Nonlinear Equations, Winter 2019.
- MATH 142A - Introduction to Analysis I, Summer I 2018.
- MATH 184A - Combinatorics, Spring 2018, Winter 2018, Fall 2017.
- MATH 20B - Calculus For Science & Engineering, Winter 2017.
- MATH 20A - Calculus For Science & Engineering, Fall 2016.
Here are some evaluations for my teaching: MATH 184A Fall 17, MATH 184A Winter 18,
MATH 170A Fall 19, MATH 154 Fall 20, MATH 154 Winter 20,
MATH 20C Summer I 21.
More can be made available upon email request.
Outside of math, I love playing and watching basketball.
I also love cats, especially my cat Chestnut.
An approximate way to pronounce my name: Ja(r)-shee(r) Ne(ver)