Email: amathers [at] ucsd [dot] edu
Office: AP&M 1511
Office Hours: Wednesday 4:30-5:30pm, Thursday 3-4pm
(With regards to office hours: anybody is free to come chat, but priority will be given to students who are enrolled in the associated course.)
I'm a fourth year PhD student in mathematics at UC San Diego working with Kiran Kedlaya. I am interested in nonarchimedean geometry.
Publications and Preprints
- A first course on p-adic numbers: these are notes I wrote for an reading group I led as part of UCSD's RTG program; the notes are written as
a sequence of problems in lieu of full proofs being given, with hints/breakdown into parts when necessary.
This quarter I'm a TA for Math 200B, Graduate Algebra II, with Dan Rogalski.
The following is a list of courses I've previously TA'd at UCSD:
- Fall 2021: Math 200A, (Graduate) Algebra I
- Fall 2021: Math 100A, Abstract Algebra I
- Summer II 2021: Math 142B, Introduction to Analysis II
- Spring 2021: Math 100C, Abstract Algebra III
- Winter 2021: Math 100B, Abstract Algebra II
- Fall 2020: Math 100A, Abstract Algebra I
- Summer I 2020: Math 142A, Introduction to Analysis I
- Spring 2020: Math 187B, Mathematics of Modern Cryptography
- Winter 2020: Math 100B, Abstract Algebra II
- Fall 2019: Math 109, Mathematical Reasoning
- Summer II 2019: Math 18, Linear Algebra
- Spring 2019: Math 109, Mathematical Reasoning
- Winter 2019: Math 109, Mathematical Reasoning
- Fall 2018: Math 18, Linear Algebra